This week’s theme: Book Hangover! According to Urban Dictionary, a book hangover is:
When you’ve finished a book and you suddenly return to the real world, but the real world feels incomplete or surreal because you’re still living in the world of the book.
Also, I realized that this post is being published on a Thursday. Whoops, my bad! I took a nap and the looked at the time, it’s currently midnight. Anyways, here are my picks for my worst book hangovers.
- The Harry Potter Series: I read these books all the way through. I did not touch any other books when I was reading this series. Even though I read other books once I finished the series, I couldn’t stop thinking of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Can’t wait for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!!
- The Lunar Chronicles: Another fun series that has sadly ended. Every book in the series was amazing. It kept getting better. Sometimes I look at my bookshelf and want to pick up Cinder again. I’m reading Stars Above at the moment, and I am so excited for the Epilogue.
- The Winner’s Trilogy: I am emotionally drained. That second book left me devastated…oh my stars, when I think about a book hangover, this series pops into my head a lot. I am excited to finish this series.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns: It took me two months to read another book when I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns. It shattered me more than the Kite Runner. I couldn’t read for three months, and this was when I was in high school.
- Honolulu: It’s a historical fiction book written by Alan Brennert. It’s a standalone novel, but this book was amazing! I couldn’t pick up another book once I finished it. It made me cry so much. I was in a reading slump when I finished this book, about three weeks.