- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
How I Started:
I was always very hesitant when it came to starting a blog. My first two attempts on creating a blog was almost a decade ago on blogspot. Those two blogs had little to do with books actually, but instead more geared towards my thoughts. Occasionally, I would write a book review. Those two blogs didn’t last long.
So, it was about two years ago when I started my blog. I really didn’t know what to expect at all. Ha ha. I’ll be honest, I had no clue when it came to blogging, especially about books.I was jumping around the idea of a book blog after much encouragement from friends and family since they know I read fast. But, I went for it.I knew what I wanted to say, but I couldn’t form it into a post. I was confused by weekly memes such as Top Ten Tuesday and Top 5 Wednesday, and blog awards too. Eventually, I grasped the concept. Ha ha. Even to this day, I’m still learning how to blog.
My original blog name on WordPress was mytokyoblues, but I’ve changed it to The Reading Belle. I love to read and I love Princess Belle. Ha ha. I thought it was unique.
My Advice To New Bloggers:
- Have a journal – Why? I use a journal to write down all my ideas when it comes to a book review and doing weekly memes. It helps me keep on track when it comes to a post.
- Participate in Weekly Memes – Why? They are fun and it’s a great way to get introduced to other book bloggers.
- Interact with other bloggers!!! – I cannot stress this enough!