Hello Reading Slump,
You truly suck. I can read my school textbooks just fine, but when it comes to my personal reading time…I can’t. I have tried reading a chapter a day; I have tried reading a couple pages. I have nothing. But, what can I do about it?
I can force myself to read, but that won’t work. I can try picking up another book, though I find it pointless.
Honestly, what can a girl do?
All right, so you found yourself in a reading slump and don’t know what to do. I can help you find a solution if you haven’t got a clue. Here are a couple tips to slaying your reading slump.
- Take a break: You’re not competing against anyone! Read at your own pace and don’t rush your reading experience.
- Focus on reading goals: Make a list of how many books you want to read monthly or yearly. You can also make lists of what books you want to read.
- Focusing on your other hobbies: I love playing video games. I used to balance reading and video games, but once I started my blog, I haven’t played as much. When you find yourself in a reading slump, try to do things you love doing! I’ve been playing on my 3DS, mostly Rune Factory 4. (The randomized town events will be the death of me)
- Reorganize your bookshelf: I know people have different organizational skills when it comes to organizing their books. I used to organize my books by alphabetical order, but I have found it easier to separate my books by what I have read and what I haven’t read.
- Declutter your bookshelf: That’s right, I’ve said it! Getting rid of books that you felt negatively or indifferent can save you shelf space. I’m working on trying to get rid of books that I did not like by donating them.
- Try writing: Relax and write about anything! Take 15 mins a day to write down your thoughts and clear your mind. Or you can focus on writing your own story!
- Hello Netflix: Netflix has a great selection of shows! Personally, I’ve been watching a lot of Gilmore Girls. The Netflix Originals are my favorite. I recommend watching The Get Down, Daredevil, Stranger Things, and Fuller House!
- Reread your favorite book: You can never go wrong by reading your all time favorite book 🙂
If you’re going through a reading slump, it’s natural. Don’t worry about it! I hope that you can overcome your reading slump and happy reading!