Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. If you want to join, please check out the blog!!
Christmas is right around the corner, and for many that means time to shop for holiday gifts. There are several gift options to cater each person. I get excited thinking about what gifts to buy family and friends. If you are wondering what to buy, here is a list of items that would make great presents for the holidays.
- Homemade Gifts: One of the best gifts that you can offer to family or friends. Honestly, a homemade gift is a big win in my book. There are a variety of items that you can diy. I like knitting scarves for my coworkers.
- Anime Expo 4 Day pass: I took advantage of the Black Friday sale for Anime Expo tickets. I bought tickets for myself and my sister. It was a deal and four days of an anime con, who wouldn’t love that.
- A video game: I‘m not a hardcore gamer, but I do enjoy playing on my 3DS. My recommendations are Pokemon Sun and Moon, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Harvest Moon, or Rune Factory. There’s also Zelda which I enjoy.
- Book subscription: Owlcrate and Uppercase are two wonderful book subscriptions that I have tried out. For you fellow bookworm, a book subscription is a wonderful surprise that he or she would enjoy. Owlcrate may be a bit more costly than Uppercase, but I feel Owlcrate has more goodies.
- A journal: Journals make amazing gifts. What I have noticed is that most people who receive journals as gifts usually start writing in them during the new year. There are several ways you can use a journal. I have my personal journal and I am thinking of making an anime journal.
- A planner: Like the journal, a planner is perfect for the new year. I love the Happy Planner since it very customizable and aesthetically appealing. I’ve also heard wonderful reviews for the Bando planner as well. For those two planners I suggest purchasing them when they are on sale. Other than that, Marshalls or TJMaxx have an amazing stationary area that have a variety of planners.
- Museum tickets: I am a huge history nerd and have found museums like Norton Simon, Bowers, and Getty Villa are wonderful places to go to in Southern California.
- A candle: I’ve recently started loving bookish candles. Check out Frostbeard Studio or any etsy stores will do just find.
- Purchasing a class: There are a variety of deals on Groupon.
- Gift cards: Gift cards make an awesome present. My favorite gift cards are for Barnes and Noble, Target, Ikea, and Amazon.