Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. If you want to join, please check out the blog!
This week’s topic is Top 10 Quotes from Books I Loved This Year.
I have read many books this year and it was extremely hard choosing my favorite quotes! Anyways, here is my favorite quotes of this year!!
10. “All the beauty of the stars means nothing when life here on earth is so ugly.”
9. “Real love is hard because it requires one to know and accept another person with all their faults.”
8. “Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway.”
7. “I want to kiss you,” Nikolai said. “But I won’t. Not until you’re thinking of me instead of trying to forget him.”
6. “The problem with wanting,” he whispered, his mouth trailing along my jaw until it hovered over my lips, “is that it makes us weak.”
5. “She cried for the girl who had never belonged. A girl who tried so hard, harder than anyone else, and still never had anything to show for it.”
4. “When she wound her fingers in his hair to draw her body against his, he stilled for breath, and she knew, as he knew, that they were lost. Lost forever. In this kiss. This kiss that would change everything.”
3.“And maybe what growing up really means is knowing that you don’t have to be just a character, going whichever way the story says. It’s knowing you could be the author instead.”
2. “There are some things you don’t learn about yourself until you let someone else into the most intimate places of your heart.”
- “Because that’s the thing about depression. When I feel it deeply, I don’t want to let it go. It becomes a comfort. I want to cloak myself under its heavy weight and breathe it into my lungs. I want to nurture it, grow it, cultivate it. It’s mine. I want to check out with it, drift asleep wrapped in its arms and not wake up for a long, long time.”